1. Fire drills will be held monthly. All fire drill will be documented in the fire drill log which will be kept available at the center.
2. Immediately upon discovery of any kind of fire in the building, or to initiate a fire drill, the fire alarm will be sounded.
The electrical fire alarm in this building is not monitored by the fire department. It is an alarm only, that is monitored by Lil’ Cubs Sercurity System. In the event of a fire, the fire department will be summoned by telephone by the Security Company.
3. Upon hearing the fire alarm, staff members will immediately react as follows:
-teachers will instruct the children to line up at the door in a single file line.
-the teacher in-charge of the class will immediately take the children along
with the attendance sheet out through the closest exit door.
-once in the designated meeting place, the teacher will have the children sit
down quietly and take roll using daily attendance sheet.
- if any child is unaccounted for, the fire department will be advised immediately.
- the staff will not leave the children for any reason, re-entering a burning building is strongly discouraged.
4. The children that are unable to walk out of the building on their own will be placed into an evacuation crib and wheeled out of the building. Specific cribs have been purchased for evacuation purposes.
The teacher will reassure the children and make every effort to maintain good composure at all times. Children will be released to their parents or persons on the emergency contact form. Arrangements have been made with Nevada Automotive to get out of the weather if extreme weather conditions permit immediate shelter. (i.e. - rain, extreme cold or heat etc...) A backpack full of supplies will be taken with us a well as emergency phone numbers incase we need to contact parents of the center needing to close. Our cell phone at the center is also programmed with each family's numbers, facebook and website will be updated for parents to keep informed of the situation.